Produce drawing and material list according to project specifications to ensure company produced materials is correct including:
- Read and understand Architectural/structural drawings and specifications
- Utilizes knowledge of detail software or other various computer programs, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Produce production piece detail drawings for structural and miscellaneous steel products, checking dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to the whole structure or project.
Provide excellent customer service by communicating clearly with team members and customers including:
- Communicate with customer, erector, vendor and Architect/Engineer on all questions related to project.
- Participate in weekly meets to discuss safety, innovative ideas, workloads, availability, issues and problems of the week for all to learn and share.
High School Diploma/GED required
Associates in Architectural Drafting preferred
Proficient at reading and understanding prints and specifications required
Previous experience working with PC's, including software, AutoCAD software or steel detailing software required
2-4 yrs related experience and/or training preferred
Working knowledge of standard AISC connections preferred
Advanced Steel and Fabsuite experience preferred