Responsible for Research and Development projects, design, fabrication of prototypes, laboratory testing and evaluation. Provide detailed reports to Company Leadership on progress of activities and results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Able to lead and complete projects in assigned work areas.
· Report project status and risk mitigation efforts to contain costs.
· Manage and track program timing using MS Project or other project management software.
· Provide engineering support for internal and external funded research and development.
· Provide engineering support for failure investigations.
· Provide clear and detailed written reports and presentations with results of projects.
· Ensure Company policies, work rules, and processes are followed on all assigned processes.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· The job has no supervisory responsibilities
Education & Qualifications:
· Master’s Degree in a Plastics/Polymer/Chemical Engineering discipline required;
· PhD in an Engineering discipline preferred
· Plus, 3 to 5 years Engineering experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use CAD computer software (SolidWorks or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Knowledge of plastic materials (e.g. thermoplastic and thermosets)
- Familiarity with laboratory analysis equipment and techniques, (ex. DSC, FTIR, TGA…)
- Experience in plastic processing (e.g. injection molding, blow molding)
- Experience with welding and joining of plastic components
- Knowledge and experience with of design parameters for molding equipment and tooling design for polymer applications
- General knowledge of process simulation software (e.g. Moldflow)
- General knowledge of fiber reinforced plastics
- Knowledge in setting up a Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Ability to set up appropriate measuring instrumentation
- Conducting test plan and analysis of the measured values
· Strong problem-solving skills and a desire to create solutions.
· Good hands-on mentality
· Must have demonstrated an effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with
the ability to professionally interact with internal and external customers; respond to common
inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
· Ability to write correspondence that conform to prescribed style and format.
· Prior experience working under tight deadlines with shifting priorities. Very good time
· Must have the ability to work in sensitive and confidential situations.
· Must have above average MS Office skills.
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time at a computer and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is moderately required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Must be able to travel up to 10% both domestically and internationally. Plus, have flexibility to work additional time/days outside established work schedule to achieve engineering goals or customer needs as necessary. This position may work in the plant and outdoors in the field, therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat. The work described while working in the plant or field will require wearing all PPE depending on circumstance which may include: safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, leather gloves, safety vest and steel toed footwear.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement