Capstone Integrated Solutions is looking for an AWS Solutions Architect Professional to join their growing Cloud Transformation team. As an AWS services partner, and also a developer of our own solutions that we bring to market, Capstone engages in a variety of projects with high profile clients utilizing cutting-edge technologies. If you have AWS cloud expertise and the ability and desire to lead the design and implementation of cloud-native architectures, we’d love to hear from you.
As an AWS Solutions Architect, you will engage with and enable Clients and Partners of Capstone to achieve extensive business value by migrating and modernizing technology landscapes to AWS and helping them accelerate innovation. You will collaborate with a multiple party team to design modern target architectures optimized for business agility, innovation, performance, resiliency, cost, and more. The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Create, articulate, and position an innovative and compelling value proposition so that customer executives clearly realize the benefits and transformation value of migrating to AWS
- Define and execute technical migration and modernization strategies by working with highly technical teams
- Deliver modern architectures such as micro services and event driven architectures using managed services and cloud native capabilities.
- Engage with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at the customer and identify repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration
- Work as a “Hands-on” team member as needed
“Must Haves”- Experience you need to succeed:
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification
- Undergraduate degree or 7+ years of experience in software design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications in lieu of no Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect, or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of full stack custom and commercial off the shelf applications.
- 5+ years across Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; Networking; Zero downtime migrations, IT Security; Data Center Operations, Cloud operating models, Software design or development, Serverless architecture, Microservice architecture, full stack application design
- 5+ Experience architecting highly available, resilient, fault tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal/vertical scaling and high availability
- Previous experience leading data center or cloud migration projects * * 2+ years’ AWS experience required with hands-on implementation of AWS Architecture, Security, administration, and engineering.
- Experience architecting, designing, migrating workloads to the AWS cloud
- Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration automation, and operations technologies and tools
- Multi-tier distributed architecture experience within IT consulting, IT operations, application development or support to include the following: experience migrating, architecting, operating on premises or cloud-based solutions, or experience transforming legacy IT solutions, and working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience providing best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects along with experience mapping business objectives to application/architectural requirements
- Experience evaluating cloud application requirements and making recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS
- Depth in various migration techniques such as re-host, refactor, re-architect, re-platform, repurchase, etc.
“Nice to haves” - These get you noticed
In addition to AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification, which is a “must have”, any additional AWS Associate, Professional, or Specialty certifications
***Must be authorized to work in the U.S.***
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have your AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification?
- Do you have any other AWS or Industry Certifications, and if so which?
Work Location: Multiple Locations