Auto req ID:
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Define, support and develop cloud-based analytics, applications and systems.
Key Job Elements
- Collaborate with business users to create architecture in alignment with business need;
- Coordinate delivery and sales teams to ensure alignment and at times participate in delivery activities;
- Lead customer facing workshops, evangelize best practices and high engineering standards;
- Lead architecture initiatives from inception to completion with customers and partners;
- Produce documentation to aid in the understanding of existing architecture solutions;
- Continually develop and hone deep expertise across AWS technologies.
Education / Training
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 8 years implementation / consulting experience;
- Responsive Design / Mobile First;
- IDE Tools Eclipse;
- Building and Automation Tools/Web Performance - ANT / Maven / Jenkins;
- Experience with Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or virtualized environment, preferably VMware/Docker technologies;
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure in dev, pre-prod and production environments;
- Expertise using VPCs, Lambda, Route53, EC2, IAM, AWS Security, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch and ElasticSearch;
- Experience developing software projects with large teams using technologies: git and jira;
- Hands-on expertise with any of the following areas: Streaming Architectures, Micro services, DevOps, Machine Learning;
- Advanced knowledge of highly available infrastructure and design;
- Familiarity with orchestration concepts, infrastructure-as-code and tool Terraform;
- Experience working with cloud to orchestrate data gathering, cleansing, preparation, and modeling. Additional experience with forecasting and optimization problems and implementing data analytics solutions with Python, R or SAS;
- Experience with Spring Framework;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Ability to demonstrate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- IDE Tools: R-studio / IntelliJ;
- Building and Automation Tools/Web Performance Junit, Selenium;
- Experience writing production code in one or more of: C++, C, Java, Spark;
- Hands on AWS experience and AWS Professional-level certifications;
- Familiarity with disaster recovery and resiliency;
- Experience developing software projects with large teams using technologies like; mercurial, travis, asana, etc.;
- In-depth understanding of enterprise server, virtualization, network, storage, monitoring and application technologies;
- Familiarity with orchestration concepts, infrastructure-as-code and tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities