RMG-Rocky Mountain Group is a multi-faceted firm providing commercial and residential structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing and architectural services. We are looking for an energetic, conscientious and detail-oriented individual who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team and taking pride in their career to work in our fast-paced office. For over 30 years RMG – Rocky Mountain Group has been building strong client relationships by focusing on reliability, creative thinking, and practical designs.
We are currently searching for a Senior Level CAD Technician to work at our Fort Collins location. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a timely, accurate, cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail is essential.
We envision this position taking over the CAD Management for the company and will, therefore, provide a pathway to the successful candidate through a well-defined training schedule and learning period to gauge proficiency with our internal systems.
- Minimum 2 Year Degree from a Community College or Technical Trade School, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of structural drafting experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of related CAD experience;
- Proficient in the use of the latest version of AutoCAD for Architectural and Structural drawings.
- Working knowledge of the latest version of REVIT for Architectural and Structural drawings required.
- Working knowledge of Sketch-Up, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat or equivalent design software
- Ability to work with Architectural drawings provided by third-party consultants
- Basic knowledge of 3D Civil Software, or equivalent drafting software for civil drawings and the desire and capability to obtain a working knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel, desired
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Employees may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
The Senior CAD Technician at RMG-Rocky Mountain Groupperforms advanced professional assignments with initiative, independence, and creativity, exercising sound professional judgment and problem-solving skills. The CAD Technician will be responsible for coordinating production efforts, managing resources, and facilitating quality control procedures across multiple offices. In addition, the CAD Technician will provide design drafting services of a complex and specialized nature using CAD Software for engineering and architectural projects with broad direction from Project Management. This position requires a high degree of effective communication with professional engineers, design professionals, contractors, and building owners. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding, interpreting and applying applicable codes as well as evaluating alternative designs.
- At least 3 years of successfully managing/supervising a staff of at least 3 operators, and running the CAD operations
- Act as the primary contact between CAD staff and other RMG staff to balance workloads, manage resources, address technical issues, and meet production deadlines.
- Perform drafting services from simple to complex CAD, computer graphics, modeling, and related technical support services for base maps, concept and final plans.
- Act as a production lead; provide senior-level expertise to generate design drafting, computer graphics, report/document production, and related technical services of a complex or unique nature for RMG projects.
- Assist project technicians to estimate CAD hours.
- Assist with the production of proposals and marketing materials as directed.
- Maintain CAD files, backups, adhering to file management procedures; maintain established project standards on all created and revised drawings; maintain related technical project files and documentation as directed. Maintain version and document controls required for projects. Adhere to SWE quality assurance/quality control protocols and document/drawing production standards. Operate and assist in the maintenance of equipment as directed.
- Ability to evolve a BIM system with continued education in this growing field.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively.
- Desire to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment.
- Can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset.
At RMG - Rocky Mountain Group you will perform within an innovative culture that is focused on teamwork, creativity, problem-solving, and improving the built environment. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, PTO, 401k, and a casual dress atmosphere.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Please send resume and salary requirement to the email listed above.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $28.00 /hour