Zahn Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Junior Level Civil Engineer in Training (EIT). You’re offered an opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced, and team oriented environment that will utilize college education and work related experience to develop professionally into a well-rounded engineer with the ability to grow in today’s multi-disciplined environment.
Join Zahn Engineering and make your mark among a team of engineering consultants that provides innovating solutions to transportation, development, government, and industrial clients. 35 years strong and 100-percent employee owned, Zahn Engineering is the right place for talented and motivated individuals who seek to distinguish themselves in a company poised for unlimited growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design of Stormwater Best Management Practices (open channels, culverts, infiltration / exfiltration systems, detention, and/or retention basins), Erosion and Sediment Pollution Controls, Site Grading.
· Civil Site Design:
o Construction Plans,
o Erosion and Sediment Pollution Control Plans,
o Stormwater Management Plans,
o Site Development and Access Road Grading Plans,
o Utility design: water, sewer, stormwater,
o Maintenance and Protection of Traffic Plans.
· Coordination of other design professionals: surveying, geotechnical, environmental, landscaping and architecture.
· Hydrology and Hydraulic analyses.
· Preparation of calculations, drawings, specifications, and quantity and cost estimates.
· Preparation of Construction Documents.
· Preparation of various permit applications (including permits for water and sewer system extensions, earth disturbance, water obstruction and encroachment, building, subdivision and land development, grading)
· Utility coordination and value engineering.
· Feasibility studies and alternative analyses.
· Constructability field investigations, environmental monitoring, construction support and monitoring.
· Land planning, including rezoning, Future Land Use Amendment, variance applications, and other conditions involving land use.
· Bachelors (B.S.) degree from an accredited college in Civil Engineering.
· Experience or concentration in General Civil or Water Resources Engineering beneficial.
· 0 to 4 years of civil engineering experience with title and salary adjusted as appropriate.
· EIT Certification or ability to take and pass the exam within six months.
· AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency preferred.
· GIS proficiency is a plus.
Physical Demands and/or Other Job Information (if applicable):
· Ability to hike moderate distances through unimproved terrain, utility rights-of-way, in remote areas, etc.
· Ability to hear and visualize potential hazards during fieldwork or site visit situations.
· Zahn Engineering prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Work Location: One location