Stop having to move from job to job to find work! Would you like a paid vacation? Retirement matching? A company vehicle? Green 2 Electric, an affiliated company of iDEAL Energies, is an award winning, premier Minnesota-based commercial solar energy developer of hundreds of commercial systems currently in operation. We are seeking a full time employee Journeyman Electrician that will troubleshoot and maintain our commercial solar installations.
- 3-5 Years as a Journeyman or Master Electrician with commercial electrical experience
- Journeyman Electrician license or certification
- Knowledge of solar installations and Equipment
- Manage and perform maintenance of solar PV projects to conform to the design and contract documents and the national and local building codes including the National Electric Code.
- Build, assemble, install, modify, maintain, troubleshoot, test, service and repair: electrical systems, wiring, fixtures, machinery, equipment, etc.
- Successfully plan, schedule, and execute the periodic preventive and on-going maintenance of solar PV projects to meet contract schedules. Assist the General Manager in developing the preventive maintenance, implement the preventive maintenance with minimal supervision, and confirm the availability of material to maintain the schedule.
- Demonstrate ability to manage subcontractors and vendors.
- Troubleshoot all solar monitoring systems and maintain their data connectivity.
- Ensure safe work practices including OSHA standards and company safety programs and policies relative to the installation of these systems. Enforce safety standards established by the client and the company to manage risk and achieve safety and health goals of no incidents and no lost time due to injury and no property damage.
- Responsible for interpretation and compliance with design drawings, product literature, interconnection agreements, model codes and regulations, and operating agreements with system owners.
- Work closely with all vendors to execute RMA (return merchandise authorization) procedures.
- Manage coordination with interconnecting utility.
- Represents the company as a job site representative to the project stakeholders including client, utility, authorities having jurisdiction, and community members. Interact with integrity, always displaying a professional appearance and attitude.
- Responsible for project commissioning and final close-out.
- Lift, carry, and move up to 51 lbs. on a daily basis and occasionally up to 80 lbs.
Solar O&M Service Technician Qualifications
- Journeyman electrical license.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial solar electrical design and construction practices. Read, interpret, and manage construction, operating contracts.
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA Construction Safety requirements. * Planning, scheduling, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Adaptable and able to set and re-evaluate priorities frequently.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Strong work ethic and ability to be productive with minimal direct supervision.
- Knowledge and safe use of electrical testing and metering equipment.
- Controls, solar monitoring, communications, and low voltage experience preferred.
This non-union position offers:
- Competitive pay and generous benefits
- A company vehicle
- Retirement Plan Matching
- All required tools and equipment resources for the task and job at hand for safe installations
We operate within a code of conduct that places significant value on integrity, quality, and accountability as the foundation for everything we do.
If you think this job sounds like an iDEAL opportunity, please apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.00 to $50.00 /hour
- Solar: 1 year (Preferred)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN (Required)
- Journeyman Electrician (Required)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift