Position: Commissioning Engineer
Reports to: Vice President, Engineering & Operations
Adsorption Research, Inc. (ARI), headquartered in metro Columbus, Ohio, focuses on developing technologies that remove contaminants, such as carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and oxygen from biogas. ARI is also focused on emerging global needs, like CO2 capture, gas purification and/or re-use for industry, water purification, and air quality enhancement. Founded in 1992, ARI combines industrial, academic, and scientific expertise to offer our clients a full-service solution, taking their most complex separation challenges and making solving them simple. As a world-leader in the field of adsorption, with several patented and proprietary technologies, ARI is committed to developing separation and purification technologies to address technical and societal challenges.
The Commissioning Engineer will be trained in PSA technology (to the extent necessary), and then assist with process commissioning, troubleshooting, and maintenance or possibly upgrading of ARI’s PSA systems. He/she will be able to understand and explain performance and good operating procedures to operators and managers, and if necessary, identify, analyze, and solve performance problems, and order and replace parts as needed. The Commissioning Engineer will research and answer customer questions about system features, issues and upgrades. He/she will perform general maintenance of our processes, start-up testing and operator training, and will have solid knowledge of ARI's products and services.
- Experience and skill in PLC-based control systems, associated instrumentation, and mechanical equipment (process piping, pressure vessels, and valves) as required for field installations
- Oversees installation of equipment according to our and the fabricator’s specifications
- Consults with customer’s staff to plan layout of equipment
- Studies P&ID’S, schematics, manuals, and other information to determine installation, operational and maintenance procedures
- Performs factory acceptance testing of controls and wiring of process instruments and control system components.
- Performs site acceptance testing to verify correct installation of instrumentation and tests and calibrates systems to verify equipment settings and to find and fix malfunctions.
- Work preparation for jobs by reviewing and editing operating manuals, schematics
- Able to read electrical drawings and repair equipment, utilizing knowledge of equipment and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
- Organization of pre- and post-start-up reporting and documentation. PO creation as needed, updates ERP (enterprise resource planning) system, and prepares service proposals.
- Instructs and directs workers in operating, servicing, and repairing equipment.
- Works with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation and provide feedback on RCA (root cause analysis) reports.
- Supervises workers in testing, tuning, and adjusting ARI’s process equipment to obtain optimum operating performance for the Customer.
- Advises management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
- Maintains key relationships with engineers, customers, vendors and team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or process technology preferred.
- 5-7 years in related onsite Commissioning experience Required.
- Years of experience in industry may be considered in place of Degree.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs and motor controls desired.
- Experience with electrical systems up to 480VAC is desirable, 4160V would be a plus.
- Experience with computer networking is desirable.
- Experience with light mechanical and electrical work (e.g., piping and/or wiring) is desirable.
- Working in one or more of the following service areas: Natural Gas, Biogas or Chemical processing.
- Experience working at locations like Landfills, Wastewater Plants, and or Industrial Waste Treatment Plants preferred but not required.
How to Apply: We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals. To be considered for this role please apply through Indeed and attach your resume. While we thank all interested candidates only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
In the office, social distancing, masking, and sanitization guidelines are followed.
Outside of the office, many vendor/customer meetings are still virtual. When they aren't masking guidelines are followed and/or work is in large, ventilated, spaces.
Work Location: On the road