Provide engineering support to the Production department at AVEKA Nutra Processing, LLC. This includes oversight of assigned production operations, technical contact for customers, troubleshooting, process improvement, equipment installation and scale-up of projects from development to production.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Own the Daily Management for the line
- Engage in the Shift Hand-Off, Operational Review, Daily Operational Review, and Weekly Operational Review to understand quality issues, losses, coach, build capability, etc.
- Participate in Daily Management equipment checks with the line leader and team members to coach standards of operations.
- Own all quality measures for the line and execute gap analysis / action planning process
- Work with the teams and incoming material to ensure materials issues are addressed and root caused appropriately identified.
- Department level system ownership. (Coaching team on standards execution)
- Coach the teams on keeping the line at base condition and self-improvement through innovation.
- Be a coach for the teams on the use of processing tools and equipment to solve problems (What, Why, When, Basic Problem Solving, etc.)
- Escalate issues that need further attention properly.
- Demonstrate importance of cost savings and process accuracy to achieve yields and processing time.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience: Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred. If no bachelor’s degree, minimum 10 years’ experience in applying engineering principles and processes in a comparable industry
- 5+ years’ experience in production and engineering
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of particle processing, bio-separation, filtering, spray drying
- Ability to communicate well with other production personnel and managers
- Strong multitasker
- Some computer experience with EXCEL spreadsheets and MS Word
- Able to work independently and safely.
- Productive and attentive to detail
- High level of reading comprehension
- Ability to write detailed correspondence and documentation
- Ability to use effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to utilize complex mathematical formulas and ability to relate scientific theory to real world work processes
- Knowledge and skill with equipment on the production line one is responsible for
- Advanced level of computer skills
- 75% on the manufacturing floor that requires climbing stairs or ladders, reaching, bending, twisting, and working with machinery and processes that requires use of the arms, hands, and fingers, with occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds and/or moving heavier objects with mechanical assistance. 25% general office work.
- Stand/walk 8 or more hours per day
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision
- Ability to work in constantly hot, damp, wet, humid and slippery environments
- Ability to constantly work near moving machinery
- Ability to constantly work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection
- Ability to wear PPE including bump cap, hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, and smock, rubber and cotton gloves.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Company's Facebook page: