Tetra Tech, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Junior to Mid-Level Environmental Scientist or Engineer to work on federal and other contracts in Denver, CO. While primary work will be based out of the Denver area, this position can be located in one of our following offices: Denver, CO; Casper, WY; Rapid City, SD; or Salt Lake City, UT.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ideal candidate will provide support on a variety of environmental projects, including multi-media sampling and analysis events, air monitoring, fieldwork documentation, field data collection and management with significant travel (50% or more). This position will involve providing technical support to federal (and potentially other contracts) in the areas of environmental emergency response site/remedial assessment, removal assessment, and removal actions. Work will include conducting site visits, supporting multi-media sampling, field audits and inspections, responding to environmental emergencies on a rotational, on-call basis, organizing and reviewing data, preparing reports, file reviews, collection and recording of various data in the field, and potentially training and exercise support.
The successful candidate will have:
In addition, you will have/be:
- 1-5 years of environmental experience.
- Hands-on experience with multi-media sampling and analysis, other experience in the field, and familiarity with state and federal environmental regulations, including RCRA, CERCLA, and TSCA regulations.
- Excellent writing skills that include the ability to read and assimilate technical and scientific information.
- Experience with GIS and/or database systems is desired.
- Experience supporting environmental emergency responses a plus.
- Highly motivated, customer focused, and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload
- Ability to travel, potentially on short notice.
- Excellent communication, client interaction, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications are required.
The work environmental will require:
- B.S./B.A. in Geology, Chemistry, or other related environmental science degree preferred.
- 40-hour OSHA training preferred
- First responder certification preferred
- Roughly 60% travel to support environmental emergency response situations throughout the Rocky Mountain region on short notice, where the applicant will support field teams and provide technical support to EPA personnel at the site in a high-pressure situation.
- On-call support up to two weeks per month. The ability to respond quickly, within a mandatory response time, is required.
- Overnight travel and support projects on a national scale with the potential for weekend work is required.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of wearing and working in an air purifying respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
- Periodic long work days, including 12+ hours, especially when in the field.
- This position requires you to drive on a regular basis and will require passing a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.