Powdermet is a nationally recognized nanotechnology and advanced materials research and development organization that develops, matures, and transitions breakthrough materials innovations using engineered microstructures, and powder nanotechnologies.
We are seeking individuals to work as part of a customer-focused, can-do team that meets critical milestones and delivers value to our customers. Powdermet offers a fast-paced, exciting environment that provides high levels of responsibility and contribution to every employee. We are seeking employees that are self-confident, self-motivated, innovative/creative, and goal- and task-completion oriented. Our culture is one that encourages individual empowerment within a team environment.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive competitive differentiation through technology and innovation
- Lead R&D projects from design through execution; proposals, budgets, timelines, and deliverables
- Identify and scope future R&D projects through participation in customer and partner technology discussions
- Participate in internal analysis of applications for strategic fit
- Direct work of operators operating complex or technical equipment following production schedule to meet quality and on time delivery requirements.
- Collect data; organize and centralize files and records
- Work with a diverse research team to perform a variety of test work
- Communicate human capital and overtime requirements and production challenges to appropriate leader
- Maintain production data (workflow and scrap) in appropriate computer database, identifies trends correcting or escalating to appropriate person
- Partner with production planner to determine department work flow and schedule
- Provide consistent and timely feedback to employee on development, performance and conduct
- Train and coach employees on department work instructions, processes, procedures and policies Monitor, review and approve employee time records in a consistent and timely manner
- Operate and/or setup a variety of complex and/or technical manufacturing equipment in assignedarea to produce acceptable product per work instructions.
Education & Experience Required:
B.S., M.S., or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy or Material Science, or equivalent experience. Three+ years of Powder Metal or Ceramic manufacturing/engineering experience.
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
Experience with powder metal processing and sintering is preferable.
Successful candidate will be expected to exhibit individual initiative, work independently; be technically proficient and accurate; effectively communicate in both written reports and presentations; initiate and ensure compliance with applicable safety procedures; and possess attention to detail. Work in a shop or laboratory, responsible or performing highly diversified duties, troubleshoot and operate facility equipment in order to meet the demands of a fast paced research and development team. Knowledgeable in computational theory and software.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Must be a self-starter
- Capable of lateral thinking and multi-tasking
- Comfortable working either alone or as part of a team
- Disciplined enough to help keep projects on schedule
- Must be detail-oriented, capable of keeping accurate records
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- powder metal or ceramic engineering: 3 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture