Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Execute engineering assignments with a high standard of engineering expertise and dedication. Oversee and participate in projects from initiation through assembly in the customer plant, including equipment planning, CADD design, overseeing manufacture, assisting in the preparation of customer manuals, and troubleshooting field problems. Supervise installation of the equipment at the customer’s plant, as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, plus a minimum of five years’ experience in designing equipment; knowledge of hydraulics and metal fabrication; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems, including Microsoft Office Products, Visio, and CADD.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mechanical Engineering. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Travel. Ability to travel by land and air up to 30% both domestically and globally. Valid driver’s license and US Passport, or ability to obtain required.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
- Accurately interpret client's technical specifications and produce a compliant technical process proposal, offering more suitable alternatives where appropriate.
- Coordinate activities with Sales Engineers to ensure proposed process meets customer expectations and is aligned with Pyrotek’s product portfolio, development, and sales goals.
- Coordinate and take a lead role in proposal review, proposal clarification, and project kick-off meetings. Serve in a technical sales role with presentations to key customers and in business development opportunities.
- Provide after sale support for any drawings and/or solid models required for manufacturing.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions as needed.
- Responsible for project management when needed and appropriate.
- Develop quality & EHS documentation/ensure compliance as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise or support to production related to manufacturing.
- Participate in development tests in-house and in the field, check detail, assembly drawings, and schematics.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, work within an office and/or manufacturing environment with regular exposure to noise, heat and/or cold conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Travel by land and air may be required both domestic and international.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement