The System Layout Designer creates and maintains the system layouts and plant layouts per assigned project. The objective is to produce a layout(s) containing all system elements to build a system at both supplier and customer sites. The engineer must adhere to CAD, design, build and safety customer specifications. This position requires ability to work at KUKA facilities in the Metro Detroit area with the possibility of hybrid (onsite/remote) opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and maintains system layouts for assigned project. System layout drawings include PLM releases, KS, tooling placement, fencing and cable tray.
- Layouts should contain all equipment needed to build the system.
- Attend Open Issues Meeting with the plot of the latest layout.
- Occasionally visits plants onsite & offsite to verify existing equipment placement & locations.
- Notifies team of any changes to the layout.
- Distributes preliminary layout to simulation for reach study.
- Receives tooling/robot placement, robot max reach and robot hard stop information for simulation.
- Places equipment on system layout and orders equipment through PLM.
- Releases all system layouts to manufacturing through PLM.
- Adheres to CAD, design, build and safety customer specifications.
- Ensures system placement in supplier and customer plants – field checks are necessary.
- Provides installation drawing to customer.
- Understands and follows safety & environmental regulations and identifies safety/environmental concerns in KUKA's facilities as well as in the customer’s facilities.
- Adheres to the Quality System and participates in continuous improvement.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree from a two-year college or university or technical school; or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33.00 - $69.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sterling Heights, MI 48312: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- How many years of work experience do you have in BIW?
- How many years of work experience do you have in tooling systems?
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location