A Structural Engineering job in Lexington, KY is currently available at Belcan. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor"s degree with at least 3 years of experience. In this role you will evaluate a wide variety of component designs utilizing advanced analytical and FEM tools. This includes Composite Components, Transmission and Rotor Components, and other Airframe Structures.
Structural Engineer job duties:
- Perform Structural Analyses using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) as well as using classical aircraft hand stress analysis methods.
- Participate in new designs, analysis of dynamic systems components and modification of existing designs.
- Build Structural Analysis result summary presentations and reports.
- Interact and be the primary point of contact with Belcan"s customers.
Desired experiences and skills include:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from a four-year accredited institution.
- Three to five years of structural analysis experience is required
- Experience evaluating stress and life of parts under vibration and fatigue loading
- Experience using FEA tools (ANSYS Classic/APDL preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Due to the nature of the work, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Familiarity with resources such as MMPDS, Bruhn, Roark, etc.
- Familiarity with composite structural analysis methods and allowable determination preferred.
If you are interested in this Structural Engineering job in Lexington, KY please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.