For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Aerostar is a world leader in lighter-than-air, stratospheric, and situational awareness technology. Committed to rapid innovation of highly technical and groundbreaking technology, we design and manufacture niche products that enhance security and connect the world. We are working on a number of exciting projects — and looking for extraordinary talent to join our team.
Develop and implement new or improved methods and tools to resolve engineering challenges in the manufacturing process. Create and maintain a culture of problem-solvers with Lean principles.
- Represent manufacturing through new product introductions.
- Facilitate or assist with production part approval process (PPAP).
- Evaluate, review, and design systems/processes to increase production capabilities to improve quality, efficiency, ergonomics, and safety.
- Mentor and/or lead continuous improvement projects using Lean principles.
- Conduct engineering studies with the manufacturing team to determine root cause and corrective actions to quality issues.
- Prepare and deploy improvements to manufacturing processes. Assist with the capital procurement process.
- Design flow lines or floor layouts to promote efficiency through use of tools such as Lean Principles.
- Assist or direct repairs or installation of production equipment.
- Train and coach team members on proper utilization of production tools, procedures, and equipment.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
- Establish production rates by utilizing standard data and time/motion studies.
- May evaluate actual costs and determine causes for overruns in time and materials.
- Demonstrates the Dimensions of Competition and Raven Team Member Values in their daily actions.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area. Follow established safety and ergonomic standards.
- May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
- Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the division’s quality management system in accordance with ISO standards.
- Has knowledge and skills in the engineering discipline.
- Performs technical work that does not require previous experience.
- Works independently, as well as with a team.
- 2+ years experience preferred with Bachelors' degree or Master's degree in engineering field - Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lead and maintain 5S and Kaizen events.
- Understanding of Lean Principles and manufacturing processes are preferred.
- Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
- Innovative in nature and open to new ideas.
- High level of customer service skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques is preferred.
- Well-developed problem analysis and problem-solving techniques.
- Proficiency with a computer, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Team player who is self-motivated and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
- Travel may be necessary, based on position.
- US Citizenship may be required, based on position.
We are a manufacturer covered by ITAR 22 CFR 120-130 and all team members must be a United States Person.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.