Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
UOP is an international supplier of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries and is a leader in the research and development of petroleum and petrochemical processing. Our broad objectives center on the continual development and improvement of petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas production, energy and chemical production technology.
An excellent career opportunity is available for a Mechanical Project Engineer within the Process Technology & Equipment business, Separations and Heat Transfer Equipment group located in Tonawanda, NY.
- Develop, maintain, and implement a project management execution plan and quality plan for each assigned Separations and Heat Transfer equipment projects including all customer contacts.
- Perform detailed mechanical calculations in support of the equipment design work.
- Review detailed engineering design and fabrication of Separations and Heat Transfer equipment deliverables to ensure consistency with the design basis and to monitor overall delivery status. Includes:
o Perform full backchecking tasks.
o Perform detail drawing reviews.
o Provide technical support to CAD designers.
- Specify, evaluate and expedite the procurement of distillation tray equipment and components.
- Perform inspections of components at external vendor fabricators.
- Coordinate with personnel assigned to perform the detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, and delivery for projects.
- Estimate, manage, and meet budgeted manhours and schedules on assigned project work.
- Ensure that UOP safety procedures are implemented on each project.
- Provide field technical support at customer facilities when necessary.
YOU MUST HAVE
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 plus years engineering experience in the design, procurement, fabrication and/or installation of mechanical equipment or systems
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10% on an annual basis
- AutoCAD knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in the area of stress analysis of mechanical components and systems
- Ability to thrive in a team-based environment and have the ability to interact internally with engineers and sales personnel and externally with customers and subcontractors
- Experience designing mechanical components utilized in petroleum refining, petrochemical, or gas processing industries is a plus
- Fundamental understanding of MS Office suite (Particularly Excel and Word)
175 E Park Dr, Tonawanda, NY 14150 USA
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.