At Minco, you can make a difference by being part of something that is evolving, growing, and continually improving. Minco products can be found everywhere from an oil rig miles under the sea to satellites miles above our heads - and in your doctor’s office! Our temperature sensing, controlling, and heating, as well as the flexible circuits that pull it all together, are in products that save people’s lives, explore the world, protect our military, and bring energy to everyone.
Do you enjoy helping provide the best possible solution for our customers? Then this Manufacturing Engineer position is for you! Every day you will help Minco succeed by performing complex applications engineering tasks, supporting sales and marketing by developing strong relationships with customers and living Minco’s icare values - Integrity, Communication, Accountability, Respect, & Energy.
What You’ll Do:
- Meet with production technicians, internal customers, or other engineers to understand product and specification requirements, objectives, timelines, and project tasks
- Participate in design, process, and continuous improvement projects that impact production or customers
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental design engineering and related manufacturing principles and practices while reviewing drawings, set-up of assembly instructions, inspection requirements, and other areas as required; recognizes problems and identifies solutions or recommend appropriate actions
- Monitor updated or modified operations, products, equipment, and related areas, review process and quality requirements, Pre-production manufacturing results, and a variety of other reports and documents, and adjusts documentation as needed
- Respond to questions and concerns from production technicians or customers, investigates needs, and prepares legacy part cost quotes or change orders; provides training or recommends solutions
- Complete appropriate forms and documentation regarding projects to receive budget, operational, and final approval; approves projects as delegated or under span of control
- Work with the Quality department to support the resolution of internal and supplier quality issues
- Ensure compliance with department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- May have daily oversight for production, engineering support, or related operations, related to design needs
- Design tooling and automate processes
- Evaluate and support the transition to new/updated equipment
- Write or contribute to standard process instructions
- Work with Suppliers on cost-down, new equipment/tooling, quality issues, etc.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Materials Engineering
- Minimum of a 3-month engineering internship
- Ability to develop good working relationships with Quality, Production, Sales, Purchasing and Engineering
- Experience working with Quality on return merchandise authorizations (RMAs)
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Experience working with (Enterprise Resource Planning) ERP software
- Experience designing tooling and familiarity with various fabrication processes
- Ability to take complex processes and explain them in clear understandable language
- Experience performing professional design engineering support
- Understanding of fundamental design engineering principles and practices
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and other applicable applications
What Skills You Bring:
- Energetic self-starter; driven, collaborative, and organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and assign work as needed
- Ability to apply basic project management principles and practices
- Ability to ensure compliance with department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Ability to solve problems and recommending solutions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships with employees and management.
- Strong experience responding to and resolving questions and concerns
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and multi-cultural environment
This position is a regular full-time position located in our headquarters in Fridley, Minnesota (Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area).
At Minco, we offer benefits and services that help balance work life and personal life, a competitive wage and benefits package, opportunities for continuous improvement and personal growth, casual denim Fridays and company celebrations – some of the many reasons that make Minco a great place to work!
Find out why you would love working at Minco by learning more about our company culture and the rewards of working with us at www.minco.com/careers - then apply! Current Minco employees: please apply via your Employee page on iconnect.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran, marital, or disability status.__
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Minco Products, Inc. is an E-Verify employer.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware and software which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the definition of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to wear masks when working within six feet of other employees.
Work Location: One location