Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Ironclad Developments Incorporated is a construction development company focusing on the design and production of modern and cutting-edge multi-family apartments within Canada.
Our company is built on a foundation of trust, honesty, integrity, and industry excellence. We are committed to crafting a culture that fosters teamwork, innovation, and creativity. Our steady year after year growth creates opportunities for advancement and personal development. We encourage our employees and give them the autonomy to be in the driver’s seat of their own success.
We are currently seeking a dedicated Structural Engineer to join our team who will contribute to overall success of the company by being an integral member of the structural engineer team to ensure successful delivery of all projects. You will need to have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong and lasting relationships with your team members.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare specifications, conduct structural analysis and design, calculations, bill of materials, as well as coordinate with all project team members (interdisciplinary)
- Participate in the review consultant designs
- Liaise with internal pre-construction teams as required
- Provide construction support, including preparation of Field Instructions, change orders and response to RFIs
- Conduct site inspections (interim and final)
- Aid in the preparation appropriate paperwork to facilitate building occupancy permits
You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil/structural engineering required
- Post-graduate degree or CET designation considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role
- P.Eng. not required right away, but must be eligible to get license by end of 2021
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in multi-family residential or similar field.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in good standing in the Province of MB, registration in other provinces is an asset.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and other relevant design software
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency to prioritize, multi-task, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented, technically sound, experienced with structural analysis software
- Ability to work independently and perform at a high level of accuracy
- Capacity to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy and attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license required; ability to travel as required essential
Ironclad is an equal opportunity employer; we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We offer competitive industry salaries with a comprehensive group benefit/pension plan. We invite you to visit our website to see how our vision and long-term objectives can benefit you and your career. If this sounds like the perfect role and organization for you, we encourage you to apply. We thank all candidates in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent