There’s an opportunity to join SKYTRAC Systems in either our Kelowna, Victoria or Ottawa locations as we're looking for an experienced Hardware Design Engineer to join our team.
As a key member of the team, you will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of avionics hardware.
- A self-starter, highly motivated and cross-functional, able to work as a team member or team lead
- Capable of performing all aspects of avionics hardware development tasks, including architecture, schematic capture, layout, verification and documentation.
- An expert in the field of avionics systems & hardware design, including standards compliance and aircraft systems integration
- Work closely with embedded software engineers and Transport Canada delegates to develop and verify hardware designs for new avionics products
- Maintenance of existing product designs, including feature enhancements and component obsolescence.
- Change impact analysis for regulatory compliance
- Provide inputs to project scheduling and budgeting estimates and track deliverable status
- Bachelor of Engineering in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of hardware design experience
- P.Eng. registration or eligibility
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
- Familiar with full product development life-cycle for mission-critical applications
- Strong knowledge and experience in the design and development of hardware systems, product development, testing, validation, and design for manufacturing
- Experience with all aspects of board development, schematic design, printed circuit board layout, RF layout, production, and manufacturing processes, generation of drawing packages and other
- Proficiency in internetworking protocols (SPI, I2C, UART, USB, etc…)
- Knowledge of Wireless Edge Access Protocols (WAN, LAN, PAN, Mesh) such as WIFI, Bluetooth or others.
- Ensure compliance to aerospace environmental standards such as RTCA/DO-160G.
- Team Lead or Project Management experience
- 3D modelling and CAD experience (Solidworks)
- Embedded software design and implementation (RTOS, Linux, C/C++, Java) and ability to write device drivers
- Other aerospace standards (DO-178C, AS9100D)
- Currently, or within the previous 12 months, hold a TC airworthiness delegation (AP within another company or DAR) and be eligible to be delegated as an avionics/electrical AP
- RF experience for high-speed wireless communications
- DSP algorithm development and implementation
Job Type: Full-time