Interested in an opportunity to join a leader in the pump industry? The Gorman-Rupp Company, headquartered in Mansfield, Ohio, has been designing, manufacturing, and selling pumps and pumping systems for use in water, wastewater, construction, industrial, original equipment, agriculture, fire protection, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, and other liquid-handling applications for over 80 years. We have an immediate need for a Sales Application Engineer. This position will be located at our facility on Sixth Avenue in Mansfield, Ohio, (Engineered Systems).
This position’s primary responsibilities are to be the contact or liaison for quotation, business correspondences, and other functions related primarily to the profitable sales of Gorman-Rupp equipment.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
· Responsible for various sales and application functions and activities as a major portion of duties.
· Initiate engineering order and enter order for pumps, controls and special equipment when not supplied as a packaged unit.
· Expedite special equipment from suppliers when necessary.
· Write specifications covering special equipment.
· Contact departments as necessary to secure complete and accurate information, discuss circumstances and possibilities, and initiate required action.
· Obtain costs of all components, labor, engineering time, etc.
· Coordinate own work with other departments and persons.
· Make suggestions and recommendations tending to improvements.
· Receive requests, prepare application data and quotation, and make recommendations and suggestions according to particular requests and company policies.
· Price special equipment for quotation purposes.
· Completes required sales reports and records accurately and promptly.
· Provide hydraulic and electrical control data as well as complete packaged system data to enable the selection, application, installation and operation of service lift stations and related equipment.
· Consider functioning needs such as hydraulics, electric control, structural characteristics and strength of enclosure, proper power transmission between pump and motor and proper motor selection when offering a complete design.
· Recommend special equipment such as control valves, V.F.D. control systems.
· Make special modifications to standard equipment as required.
· Conduct phone and correspondence communication with representatives, distributors, consulting engineers and others.
· Respond to inquiries and requests regarding order status, requests for quotations, promised or delayed shipments, order changes or other similar matters.
· Offer complete system design assistance to consulting engineers, plot system friction curves, final pump and control selection and mechanical power transmission.
· Prepare submittal data for approval by consulting engineer of company recommended equipment.
· Attend related trade shows as directed or assigned.
· Conduct sales and application schools with various consulting engineers and distributors or representatives.
· Operate demonstration equipment for customers during factory training trips and schools.
· Perform other similar or associated duties necessary to accomplish job objectives in an effective manner.
A Degree in Business and/or a Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent job experience.
3-5 years of experience in sales of a technical related or engineered capital product or equivalent experience.
Must be proficient in the use of MS Office® product suite along with a general mechanical inclination.
Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
Pleasant personality with the ability to collaborate and cooperate with others.
Strong communication skills with an aptitude to find solutions to complex problems and desire to provide excellent customer service.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and an unrelenting commitment to customer service.
Job Type: Full-time