Cogen Power Technologies is an established power generation Design-Build and consulting firm specializing in developing and delivering cogeneration plants and providing turn-key critical infrastructure solutions for major hospitals, universities, and other institutions in the Northeast.
We are seeking a full-time mid-level mechanical project engineer to join our team. This position will be based in the Albany, NY area but will require travel throughout the Northeast to our project sites.
We are looking for a self-starter to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the successful installation, testing, and operation of cogeneration plants
- Provide oversight of mechanical and other subcontractors
- Assist in developing pricing for projects the company bids on
- Provide technical guidance to project team members
- Daily verbal and written communication with construction project manager, design team, and management to provide progress updates and report issues
- Technical troubleshooting input on various mechanical issues
- Developing and implementing corrective action plans
- Work independently under minimal supervision
The preferred applicant would have a minimum of 3 years of experience in installing, troubleshooting and/or operating turbines or reciprocating engines, or chiller or steam plants.
A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Maritime, or an equivalent combination of higher education, technical experience, and/or Navy or Coast Guard background is required.
We are looking for a team player who has a positive attitude, welcomes challenges, and is available to start immediately.
Competitive salary and benefits offered.
Please forward a cover letter, your resume, and salary requirements if you are interested in exploring a career opportunity with our firm. All applications and inquiries will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)