Computer Technician/ProgrammerMerritt, B.C.
EMCON SERVICES INC., a Road & Bridge Maintenance and General Contractor with offices throughout British Columbia has an immediate opening for a Computer Technician/Programmerto provide technical and software assistance, as well as create/maintain internal software programs for it’s intra provincial operations in Canada based at the Corporate Office in Merritt, B.C. This position reports to the Vice President Finance of the Company.
This position requires a highly self motivated and competent individual with a strong technical aptitude and background in software development and programming. Experience in the following skills and qualifications are required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming or related field
- 3+ years’ software development experience
- 6 months to 1 year related professional experience in IT
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating systems - Windows 7 and newer versions, Microsoft software, Java, C#, Active Directory and Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 and above.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 through to Office 365.
- Exceptional technical aptitude.
- Excellent people skills and strong communication abilities.
- The ability to work in a team and independently
- Exceptional organizational skills are required.
Specific Competencies Required:
An understanding of networks, routers, Internet Services (News, Mail, DHCP, DNS, etc) is required.
Intermediate level skills in and knowledge of Windows and various applications such as Word, Excel, Access and Web browser software.
Familiarity with Terminal Services, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and above Microsoft Exchange Server, Explorer Contract Manager (an asset), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), PC Anywhere is an asset.
Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems and apply advanced problem solving skills to resolve issues fully is required. Monitors own work for quality.
Self motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently, is required.
Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and use discretion with highly confidential materials is required.
Valid Class 5 BC Driver's Licence
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following skills:
Analytical/creative skills as a Programmer.
Provide technical assistance to users on site and remotely.
Oversee the daily performance of IT Infrastructure.
Prepare evaluations of software or hardware and confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications, then recommend improvements or upgrades.
Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
Read trade magazines and technical manuals, and attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resumes detailing qualifications and experience, along with work related references, to:
Emcon Services Inc.
Attn: HR Manager
#105-1121 McFarlane Way
Merritt, B.C. V1K 1B9
Fax: 250-378-4106 or E-mail
Job Type: Full-time
- Professional IT: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)