Brief Position Description:
The CP prime objectives are to initiate and assist the process optimization efforts in the Cement plant to ensure effective & efficient utilization, while producing a consistently quality product.
Nature And Scope:
- Be safety conscious employee & promotes safety through the actions
- Safely carries out process flow measurements & perform calculations, etc.,
- Acts on issues that affect shop’s ability to efficiently perform
- Sound technical knowledge in Process engineering - Fluid mechanics, Heat transfer, Refractory, Combustion, Crushing / Grinding, Material handling etc.
- Need have a good idea of cement manufacturing process / mineral process industry
- Good understanding of process automation, control systems.
- Excellent Analytical skills - ability to interpret data and propose solutions
- To be an open-minded in solving problems and work as a team
- Effective communication to work in a multi-cultural work force
- Promote new ideas and benchmark technologies in the process.
- Monitor the daily performance of the operation and communicate the evaluation to the process / production groups.
- Contribute to the shop’s variable costs by making process and equipment operation more efficient & effective.
- Conducts process audits, flow measurements, mass & heat balances as set by the process manager
- Conduct mini-audits around sub-systems as needed (compressor air, false air audits)
- Assist Process manager in the preparation of the plant performance plan
- Involve in short term development studies through audits and other plans.
- Understand and utilization of expert control system for optimization
- Follow up on actions implemented to correct or improve situations, especially when programs involve testing, new materials, or process modifications.
- Other process related jobs as assigned by Process Manager.
The Physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee will frequently be required to walk on rocky, irregular surfaces that may be muddy and in reduced lighting conditions. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, confined space, outside weather conditions, low lighting, artificial lighting, and explosives. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, proximity to electrical equipment, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
The above job description has been designed to provide general guidelines for the identification of tasks, duties, and qualifications for the titled position and/or its successors. The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed by the incumbent and the incumbent may be assigned to duties other than those listed in this document as the work environment and essential functions of the job change.
Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (preferably Chemical, Mechanical, Material Engineer)
- 0 -1 year process experience
- Good communications skills – written and verbal
Job Type: Full-time
- Cement process experience: 1 year (Required)