Position: Consulting Marine Surveyor
A local marine and chemical surveying company is currently seeking Expert Consultants in the Marine & Tanker Operations Division of our Kingwood (Houston), TX office.
- Giving technical advice on shipboard operations involving various cargoes including chemicals, vegetable oils, crude oil, petroleum products and solid bulk cargoes.
- Attend incidents worldwide, providing onsite management and investigative services. Working with in-house chemists and other consultants. The preparation of detailed reports and the provision of expert evidence.
- Ability to display excellent problem solving skills (both practical and theoretical) as well as the ability to effectively communicate technical issues to a non-scientific client base.
- Generation of various different types of reports using latest computer technology.
- Support findings when subject to critical analysis by peers, and be able to present those findings in a legal setting.
- Bachelor of Nautical Science, or equivalent (Preferred)
- Organizational skills in order to plan, schedule work and complete work assignments within established timelines
- Capable of working with a multidisciplinary team of planners, engineers, surveyors, architects, and technicians
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice
- Must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Recruitment will be by interview only and competitive terms and conditions will be discussed on application.
Benefits: Comprehensive Package
- Significant sea-going experience.
- Experience in the survey and/or cargo inspection industries.
- A general understanding of insurance claims process.
- Experience in giving evidence at arbitration or in court.
- Unlimited Masters (Class 1 Certificate of Competency) (Preferred)
- Valid TWIC Card (Preferred)
- Valid Passport (Required)
Job Type: Full-time