Toronto Inspection Ltd., founded in 1996, is a medium sized consulting firm providing environmental, geotechnical, building science and hydrogeological services throughout Ontario. We are currently seeking a candidate to take on the role of an environmental engineer/scientist in our rapidly growing environmental department. Toronto Inspection believes in a "ground-up" approach, and works with our staff to put them on a path leading to more roles and responsibilities with experience. We offer flexible schedules, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Lead a team of junior staff for the successful completion of Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA).
- Prepare Phase I and II ESAs to CSA Z768-01 and O.Reg. 153/04 standards.
- File for Record of Site Condition.
- Oversee soil and groundwater remediation projects.
- Review ESAs for various public and private sector clients.
- Review proposals, attend project meetings, and monitor budgets.
- Working on multi-disciplinary projects within the firm, and relaying information between departments.
- Liaise with clients, stakeholders, government officials or other team members through the project cycle.
- Travelling to project sites as deemed necessary.
- University bachelors degree in civil/environmental engineering, environmental geoscience or environmental science. Graduate degree is considered an asset.
- 5+ years experience in environmental engineering / environmental science. Experience in environmental consulting would be considered an asset.
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a P.Eng. or P.Geo. in Ontario, would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, ArcGIS and MS Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication, and effective interpersonal skills.
- A vehicle with a valid Class G licence.
- Motivated individual, with the ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently in various site conditions (e.g. industrial, commercial, remote areas).
- Detail oriented.
Job Type: Full-time