- Communication skills
- Programmable logic controllers
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
Provide required electrical/electronic maintenance support for process machinery and equipment in accordance with the specified guidelines and instructions.
1. Provide electrical/electronic and mechanical diagnostics and perform repairs to process machinery, equipment and controls within assigned work area. Have extensive electrical schematic knowledge and hydraulic/pneumatic diagram experience. Lead efforts to define root causes of common equipment failures and provide suggestions for improvements to prevent recurring issues.
2. Maintain technical competence in advancing technology via frequent training courses, on-the-job training, and vendor schools.
3. Proficiently utilize a wide variety of tools and instrumentation including but not limited to; voltage tester, visicorder, ammeter, megger, oscilloscope, vertilift, hand tools, power tools, and laptop computers.
4. Effectively communicate and interact with offsite equipment and machine component vendors to troubleshoot complex machine issues in a timely manner, then develop and implement solutions that return equipment to its intended operating state.
5. Works with manufacturing engineers and equipment vendors to ensure that new equipment installations are done efficiently and comply with Kohler Company standards.
6. Must be able to do field wiring and de-bugging of machine control systems.
7. Written and oral communication skills must be sufficient to pass on knowledge acquired to others of similar background.
8. Assist with documentation(work instructions, recovery procedures, process aids, etc) preparation for completed projects.
9. Lead in resolving Maintenance related process problems which may require the proficient operation of that equipment.
10. Requirements include knowledge of AC/DC circuits, DC equipment & controls, single phase motors, three phase systems, electrical troubleshooting, power supplies and PLC’s. Panelview and HMI knowledge is required. Programming knowledge required for PLC’s.
11. Working knowledge of motor starter, relay, input/output modules, variable speed drives, DC servo motor/encoders, AC servo systems and controls required. Knowledge of micro switches, photo electric sensors, proximity sensors, lasers and vision system contrast sensing.
12. Knowledge of machine vision systems required. Experience with Banner, Cognex and/or Fanuc systems preferred.
13. Practice and follow all required safety regulations.
Why work at Kohler Company?
Kohler's mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities.