Offset Strategic Services (OSS) is seeking a Software Engineer for networked robotics. If you have engineering experience and are looking for a job that will present new challenges in robotics, then you might enjoy working alongside the U.S. Army Ground Vehicle Systems Center (GVSC). This position is located in Warren, MI. Applicant must be a US Citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
In this position, you will support the development of next-generation U.S. Army ground vehicle robotics platforms through software design, development, and extension of the Robotics Operating System (ROS) secure programming framework.
We rely on our engineering team to build the foundation for our success, so we offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and professional development opportunities. You will be rewarded with a technically challenging and diverse career in the areas of manned & unmanned ground vehicles, robotic user interfaces, vehicle electronics, and ground vehicle simulation. In this position, you will serve as part of the Army Team responsible for envisioning, researching, designing, and developing autonomous ground vehicle technology across all domains for the current and Future Force.
Essential Job Functions:
- Passion for technology and software to architect, design, develop secure and functional software solutions for robotic systems.
- Display attention to detail and an analytical mind to design and build superior and innovative software solutions and architectures.
- Gather user requirements, define system functionality, and build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software solutions that comply with coding standards and technical design.
- Travel to support test and integration of software and hardware for operational test events using feedback for future capability enhancements.
- Properly Design, Develop, Test and Document Code in an efficient manner
- Evaluate, Contribute, Test and Document Existing Software
- Test Software (and associated hardware) Product in controlled, real situations.
- Collaborate and Provide executable software and system improvements
- Work closely with analysts, designers and cross-functional staff members
- Solicit, Gather and Evaluate Feeback.
- Prepare Training Manuals
- Maintain the Software
- Due to the sensitivity of customer-related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- 5 years: Experience working in teams and strong communication skills
- 5 years: Experience designing software to function in a distributed/networked environment
- 5 years: Extensive knowledge of an object-oriented programing language such as C++ or Java
- 5 years: Minimum of 5 years post-grad professional software development experience required
- Experience with computer networking, debugging, Wireshark
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience in graphical user interface (GUI) programming e.g. Qt
- Experience with Python or shell script programming
- Experience developing for Windows and Linux environments
Ruby, Networking, Python or shell Script Programming, Java, C++, Wireshark, Linux, Windows, GUI, ROS, Gazebo or Other Robotics Software
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- object-oriented programing language such as C++ or Java: 5 years (Required)
- post-grad professional software development exp: 5 years (Required)