Concrete Construction Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
Who We Are:
Whitaker/Ellis is the premier Structural Concrete Contractor in the Northwest. We are based in Portland Oregon. We work on projects up to $15,000,000. We are the easy choice for many general contractors & developers. Whitaker/Ellis is respected in the industry because of our safe work habits, integrity, technical competence, and team attitude. We are looking to add a team member who exhibits these traits.
- Review plans and specifications to create detailed project proposals. Perform concrete take-offs, collect bids and vendor pricing as needed. Visit pre and post bid meetings, as necessary.
- Stay up to date with industry pricing, vendor and material changes, and variables that can affect costs/pricing on current/future projects.
Tracking & Reporting:
- Keep detailed notes and tracking on all proposals and bids. Collaborate with teammates daily on proposal status and updates.
Our ideal candidate will have (required):
- 5 to 7 years of Construction estimating and/or hands-on experience. You have strong knowledge of commercial and industrial concrete.
- An unquestionable attention to detail. Your proposals are detailed, accurate and organized.
- Strong technical ability. MS office, On Screen take -off, Bluebeam, and Procore experience.
- Ability to read drawings and plans; review and ask the right questions.
- An upbeat, positive attitude and focus detail.
- Planning and organizational skills. You know how to forecast a timeline and hit a deadline.
- Clear, concise, and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility. You are not thrown by changes in direction.
- Field experience a plus.
Full time employee position. In office role – Tigard, OR. Monday – Friday 7:00a-5:00p.
Salary commensurate with experience. Paid time off + paid medical benefits available after 90 days.
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
Work with the Best Team in Construction
Paid Health insurance
Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place