Heartland RV is a progressive company that is in search of a reliable and motivated individual to work as a Production Engineer. We provide a very competitive compensation and benefit package, with progressive growth and development opportunities potentially available. The position will handle the activities associated with product design/creation:
- Reviews and oversees engineering documents, including drawings, models and specifications.
- Provides the direction for the development of the product design and functionality.
- Assists with the implementation of product design within the schedule and budget parameters.
- Analyzes the risks of a new design or process and communicates results to Engineering and Plant Management.
- Provides support to manufacturing to ensure product is fabricated and assembled based on the intended functionality of the design and/or provides expertise for structural, electronic, and mechanical technologies.
- Meets with leaders to establish product needs and specifications within the industry, as well as research competitive product lines to create new or enhanced products that will drive business goals.
- Reviews, or potentially creates the design, layout, and calculations for the new or enhanced products to identify timing, resources, and costs to achieve results with each new project.
- Collaborates and communicates with team members to direct the detailed product design and implementation.
- Works with Bill of Materials and process flow to ensure total costs of the enhanced or new product match the approved plan.
- Performs other tasks or duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in an engineering field preferred, but will consider non-degreed candidate with strong professional experience.
- 5+ years experience focused on product design.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, project management, and organizational skills are also required to take ideas, design a product, and execute to meet market needs.
- Strong skill set in AutoCAD / 3D CAD programming;
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel) required as well.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; will present ideas and outlines to management team and will write detailed specifications for outsourcing.
- Ability to do some lifting at times up to 50 lbs-potentially more with provided assistance
- Ability to work sitting, mainly in front of a computer for 8 hours per day
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Able to work in Nampa, ID?