Completions Mechanical Engineer I-NX in GAC Savannah
Will consider Winter 2021 engineering graduates for this opportunity
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Preferred experience with 3D CAD software such as CATIA or Solidworks
- General aircraft knowledge a plus
- An eagerness to learn aircraft Mechanical Design principles and concepts
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Entry level. 0-18 months experience.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and solution of basic problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes by completing discrete engineering tasks on schedule 2. Using company procedures, applies engineering knowledge to resolve routine issues 3. Analyzes and evaluates results of project activities 4. Prepares recommendations for changes and compiles necessary reports for various department supervision 5. Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with analysis/test results and works toward corrective action
1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Continues learning and developing knowledge of application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise Perform other duties as assigned.
1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade level will be established by each discipline.
2. Work is closely supervised/monitored, follows established procedures and methods.
3. Failure to achieve results may cause delays in program schedules.
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
5. Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, mentor, and other exempt professionals in the group or department.
Percentage of Travel:
Up to 50%
Posting End Date:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft