Established in 1974, Sidock Group is a full service multi-disciplined firm with offices in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Florida. Sidock Group, Inc. is a service-based organization whose primary mission is to provide innovative, engineered solutions tailored to our clients' individual needs. To further this mission, we promote long-term client relationships, remain closely involved with our clients and their projects, and assemble qualified and dedicated teams for each project in efforts to assure that our clients receive the services they expect and deserve.
Sidock Group offers competitive salaries with an excellent benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) Tax-Deferred savings plan.
Sidock Group, Inc. has employment opportunities for a Civil Project Engineer in Novi, MI.
- Technical site engineering for commercial, industrial, governmental, and aviation projects.
- Prepare drawing packages for all stages of projects from initial concept, studies, & site plan approval, through permitting, bidding, & construction.
- Develop drawing packages utilizing AutoCAD & Civil 3D for geometric layout, grading, drainage, underground utilities, and details.
- Review local zoning ordinances to develop site layouts and meet special requirements.
- Design site grading, pavement, landscaping, and site utilities (storm, sanitary, water) in accordance with local, state, & federal standards.
- Review and incorporate client specific design standards to projects.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and project managers to coordinate civil site design with other disciplines, both within the firm and partnering consultants, to meet project deliverables.
- Assist in preparation of project specification manuals.
- Assist in preparation of cost estimates for client budgeting and plan review fees.
- Assist in obtaining permits through federal, state, county, & local Authorities Having Jurisdiction for storm, sanitary, water main, SESC, and floodplain work.
- Assist in review of RFI’s, contractor submittals, and shop drawings.
- Analyze and format topographic survey data.
- Develop and maintain CAD standards and templates.
- Some client interface as part of the team.
- Site visits for field measurements & inspections.
- Assist in preparation of technical reports & engineering studies.
- Assist with writing proposals and RFP’s.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent ABET accredited degree.
- Professional Engineering License in Michigan, or ability to become licensed within 4 years of employment.
- 3 or more years of experience as a civil engineer.
- Experience in civil land development in the commercial, industrial, governmental, and aviation sectors.
- Flexibility in work hours to meet project deadlines required.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Able to interface and perform in a team-based environment, and individually.
- Proficient in Adobe, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D programs.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance