Leader in information technology consulting, Prominent, is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the team!
Competitive Compensation! $70k-$90k annually
Must live in Omaha, NE or Denver, CO or open to relocating to either location
Key activities for this position include:
- Work with Technical and Business groups to define the scope of testing required
- Define and execute test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications
- Lead and participate in test planning and quality review sessions
- Oversee the writing of test cases/scripts which may include application, network, system, regression and user acceptance testing
- Lead test projects with minimal supervision
- Participate in daily calls as needed for coordination of efforts.
- Perform technical testing activities including planning, design, scripting, and execution, debugging and reporting
- Create and execute automated and manual tests for large projects.
- Research new tools and testing approaches.
- Perform post-test execution activities including error debugging, and internal and external communications
- Assist with testing execution for all system components, including functional and integration testing, ensuring traceability from requirements to test cases, documenting test cases and generating reports; generating software quality related metrics
- Work with multiple programs and systems on projects of high complexity• Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and training to less experienced individuals.
More About You
5 years experience testing web applications
Experience using SQL for test data creation and verification
Experience with test case development and execution tools such as Jira Test Management, qTest, or other
Experience with test case automation design and implementation
Journeyman knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, network) and their application to business functions/processes.
Understanding of the key processes in the business and the business rules that impact the development and/or implementation of information systems
Self-starting and comfortable with independently creating test plans and test scenarios with minimum assistance using application and requirement documentation
Works well with ambiguity and changing requirements
Drives continuous improvement through all processes, including but not limited to, team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
Must be US citizen or Green Card holder and will need to pass a US Government background check.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
Knowledge of Corporate Applications & tools:
Jira, SharePoint, Workday
Knowledge of reporting tools such as Microsoft BI, Jira dashboards, Excel pivot tables, etc.
What You Will Do
Lead preparation of business scenarios and required test scripts, including identification of needed master and transactional data to execute end-to-end testing
Facilitate test meetings and escalating issues/concerns to the project management team as needed.
Monitor issues and defects for trends and provide metrics to the project management team
Responsible for the oversight of requirement traceability throughout all test phases
Participate in requirements and design walkthroughs to understand the testing needs and raise questions to clarify as needed
Manage risks associated with testing, taking preventative action when risks become unacceptable
Manage stakeholder relationships with respect to all testing matters
Health / Vision / Dental, 401k
Candidates with experience in these roles are great fits for this job:
QA Analyst, Software QA