The electrical engineer is responsible for electrical design work, planning, organizing, and successful completion of all electrically related components on prototypes as well as production. The Electrical Engineer will support new product development and product improvement as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This includes all aspects of the projects including design, analysis and all aspects of project engineering work.
The electrical engineer will work with cross functional groups as well as effectively support other engineers and prototype specialists in order to complete projects on time and within budget. The candidate will interface with manufacturing, technical service, quality, customers and other departments to research problems and identify solutions related to the electrical systems and components. Makes critical decisions relative to planning, organizing, and technical approaches to projects. This position is expected to contribute sound original engineering judgments and recommendations. Requires a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or previous Marine Electrical Design development experience.
1. Responsible for all electrical component specification. Investigates vendor sources for components.
2. Maintain a professional working relationship with outside vendors.
3. Design AC & DC electrical systems based on project requirements
4. Review and approve load calculations based on ABYC, NMMA and ISO standards for AC & DC electrical systems.
5. Prepares wiring diagrams and lists.
6. Ensure all documentation for electrical is accurate and meets industry and ABYC standards.
7. Provide electrical design input to product development team.
8. Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new product designs, customer convenience and production labor reduction.
9. Provide production with technical support and direction.
10. Assure that all electrical documentation is approved and complete for production.
11. Responsible for the integration of new models and new technology into the production facility.
12. Coordinate training sessions for the production team on new technology, systems or vendor products.
13. Generate engineering change request as required.
14. Direct and coordinate operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and systems in field installations by assisting customer service.
15. Travel to assist and review vessels in the field.
16. Integrate appropriate new technologies as well as comprehensive electrical and electronic strategies for all future products.
1. Works well in group problem solving situations, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
2. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information,
a. develops alternative solutions.
3. Ability to think conceptually.
4. Ability to lead team members and conduct effective reviews.
5. AutoCAD electrical experience beneficial.
6. Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to accept change for the enhancement of the final product.
8. Works with little direction and supervision, makes time for unplanned assignments, adapts to change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, hazardous and flammable chemicals, and vibration. The noise level is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- marine electrical engineer: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement