We are looking for a creative Tourism Marketing Director to promote the attributes of Franklin and Simpson County as a tourism destination. This primarily involves developing and implementing strategies to strengthen this community's market presence. The ideal candidate will be a highly creative professional with a passion for our community, who is able to employ unique marketing techniques to stimulate economic development and promote tourism. He/She will be a skilled marketing strategist able to network effectively with other organizations. He/She will maintain constant contact with the FS tourism board and meet with them on a quarterly basis.
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies, programs, and policies to promote tourism opportunities in Franklin and Simpson County.
- Supervise tourism staff and provide guidance and feedback to full and part time staff.
- Produce ideas for promotional events or activities and organize them efficiently.
- Plan and execute promotional campaigns using various media that effectively and efficiently use funds to promote tourism of the community.
- Develops relationships with national, international, and regional tourism-based publications, writers, tour operators, and travel agents.
- Responsible for producing and releasing content for various media using press media kits and other information sources.
- Cooperates with other local organizations to promote and support local organizations with events and attractions that develop tourism opportunities.
- Designs and oversees the Tourism website by monitoring and contributing to the flow of web content and provides editorial design, coordinates web maintenance, and creates reports of the main KPI's.
- Produces approved promotional material and displays it in appropriate locations.
- Manages the tourism budget in coordination with county government and meets all fiscal requirements.
- Produces reports, business plans, and press releases.
- Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements
- Makes presentations to other governmental bodies and potential economic developers.
- Attends various regional events to promote community to potential investors.
- Maintains and regularly reports statistical and financial records.
- Become the organization’s agent towards external parties such as civic organizations, stakeholders, and potential clients and build strategic partnerships on local and regional level.
- Provides educational programs and information for hotel/motel personnel on tourism events and attractions in the area.
- Participates in media talk shows through multiple (radio, TV, on-line) outlets to provide current and updated information to the press.
- Represents the Tourism board in joint planning sessions with the county to establish regional tourism activities; serves on local committees that enhance tourism and foster economic development.
- Coordinates special events, researches alternative funding sources, and applies for grants.
- Other appropriate duties requested by the Tourism board.
- Proven experience in marketing and/or tourism development
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills
- Analytical and creative thinking skills
- Exquisite communication and interpersonal skills
- Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) and Google Adwords
- Customer-oriented approach with highly developed communication skills
- BS/BA or equivalent experience in tourism development, marketing and communications, or relevant field
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing Strategy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Communication Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Franklin, KY 42134 (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma