Who You Are
- Naturally Curious. You are not satisfied with the “status quo”. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You look for ways to add value beyond the basic requirements. You enjoy testing different concepts and strategies and tracking the results.
- Rapid Innovator. A creator. You delight in tackling conceptual challenges and taking them all the way through prototyping to launch. You believe that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time. You are analytical and can dissect complex data to make informed design decisions. You understand how your technical contributions will influence the viability of future products.
- Agile Learner. You thrive on applying your knowledge and learning new technologies. You don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You adapt easily to meet the pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
- Passionately Customer-centric. You thrive on delighting customers. You feel ownership over everything you do. You are persistent and innovate to overcome challenges caused by the complex industrial environment and various interlocking standards. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement. No matter what you are working on, the other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work.
- Broad-thinking. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
What You'll Do:
Business Development Engineers use their extensive knowledge of a technical product's features and operations to sell and provide support for these products. They assess customers' technical needs, work with customers to engineer a solution, explain details about products, provide installation and setup oversight, and collaborate with engineering teams to develop and test new products.
- Work with customers to assess their needs, engineer solutions, explain product offerings, and develop formal quotes / pricing proposals for technical sales opportunities and document them in our CRM software
- Provide remote or on-site application support and installation oversight for customers when needed.
- Provide primary technical support for products. Research, prioritize and resolve customer issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain/ improve interdepartmental sales processes to manage complicated or technical sales.
- Document and maintain a technical library (Knowledge Base) for customer support.
- Serve as primary backup to Customer Support, answering incoming inquires via phone, email and online chat, providing price, availability, order status and shipment tracking for customers
- Collaborate with engineering and marketing on new product development.
- Work with engineering and production to develop part number strategies for new products.
- Collaborate with Rep agencies and Regional Sales Managers to identify and engage local integrators as needed.
- Conduct training for customers / reps / distributors on technical aspects of Grace products.
- Attend various tradeshows and seminars as needed.
What You’ll Need
- 4-year degree in Industrial Technology, Engineering or a related field.
- 1+ year of experience in an Industrial Sales or Customer Service role.
- Ability to travel up to 25% annually to provide on-site support and tradeshow participation.
- High level understanding of industry-related terms and standards.
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong analytical and technical competency.
- Experience utilizing industry-accepted ERP and CRM software/applications.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Multilingual is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Generous Responsible Time Off and Flexible Work Arrangements
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Profit Sharing Opportunities
- Medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance packages to fit your needs
- Entrepreneurial Environment. Flexibility and ability to build a world-class business.
- Unique Employee-Friendly Culture
- Regular Company Events
- Ample supply of free snacks, drinks, fruit, and gourmet coffee
Grace Technologies is the world leader in electrical safety product solutions that increase productivity and endeavor to exceed electrical workplace safety standards. Our unique business model made the GracePort® the most successful product of its kind with electrical distributors. We created a brand new product category called Permanent Electrical Safety Devices (PESDs). Moving forward, the new GraceSense™ product line is a marriage of preventative maintenance technology and personnel safety techniques. The company’s products are available around the globe via a distribution network and sales presence in 60+ countries.
Grace is consistently recognized as one of Iowa's Top Workplaces by The Des Moines Register.
- Industrial Automation
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Business Development
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Sales/ Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)