Broad Function and Purpose of Position:
To manage engineering projects for the Marion factory according to business needs of the plant and as directed by management. The Project Engineer will provide site support and work directly with contacts local to the installation of the project. Strong focus on organizing, facilitating, and leading project teams. Specific Responsibilities:• Display active leadership in advancing the Sika SAFE Culture in Marion pursuing the objective of zero injuries and 100% employee engagement. • Actively participate and/or lead in Problem Solving Process (PSP). • Develop or support the development of key objectives and projects. • Develop and maintain project plans, records, reports, and schedules according to the goals and objective of projects. • Identify any special requirements or permits associated with projects. Develop test plans to validate compliance with such requirements. Obtain permits required for project execution. • Obtain and review contractor bids and select suppliers according to the needs of the projects. • Manage project costs according to budget, assist management with development of capital budgets. • Coordinate and oversee technical aspects of projects. • Develop and train personnel on procedures, as applicable, for the operation, upkeep and/or maintenance of newly installed equipment. • Support management in identifying, supporting, and implementing continuous improvement opportunities and initiatives. • Perform other work and special projects as required by manager.
BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred; Industrial or Chemical with relevant experience)
at least 3 years in a manufacturing environment including: hands-on mechanical and electrical, supervising or directing personnel, health and safety regulations, and factory capital project implementation.
- Hands on mechanical, electrical, and PLC aptitude for working with equipment and tools.
- Support off shift and weekend work as needed (technical support, special projects, shut downs).
- Independent and self-direct, strong organizational skills.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills: excellent oral and written communications; strong organizational skills, and must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient with computers and software applications.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA standards and the ability to prepare and maintain required documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Engineering (Structural & Civil / Mechanical / Materials)