Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
The IT DevOps Intelligent Services Team is looking for a motivated Systems Engineer with experience in Microsoft technologies focusing mainly on build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our platforms and IT infrastructure. You will become part of a diligent team of engineers that deliver mission critical infrastructure to host applications, provide support with well-known and out of the box solutions, and guarantee the highest level of availability and performance for GEICO Line of Business (LOB) applications.
- Manage and monitor GEICO LOB applications hosted on GEICO Cloud and on-premises.
- Troubleshoot and identify solutions for Performance/Connectivity issues, application functionality disruptions, Network Load Balancing, and Azure artifacts. Being able to work together with developers and business stakeholders alike.
- Maintain and promote Security, Availability, and Redundancy strategies.
- Be self-organized, consistent, and structured on script development.
- Experience using code repository tools like Team Foundation Server (TFS) or GIT.
- Provide level 2 support when required by the business.
- As part of a weekly on-call rotation system (including Offshore support), provide 24 x 7 on call support for GEICO's security infrastructure systems as needed.
- Work on projects that promote continuous Infrastructure, Platform, and Availability improvements.
- Provide structured and consistent documents for internal processes with high quality and good technical writing skills.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server platforms.
- Experience installing and configuring ASP.NET applications.
- Experience with Cloud technologies.
- Experience monitoring systems with proven capabilities for identifying unusual patterns on behavior, correlate events, and find root cause for issues in a quick and effective manner.
- Familiarity with Networking concepts (TCP/IP and OSI stacks) and familiarity with connectivity concepts implements on Windows Servers, Load balancers, Domain Name Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and subnetting.
- Independence to manage day to day activities with minimal supervision and be capable to escalate and drive issues to resolution when required.
- Good understanding and use of IT Cloud concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - including verbal, written, and presentation.
- Ability to tailor communication to audience.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
401(k) and profit-sharing plans
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
Associate assistance program
Flexible spending accounts
Business casual dress
Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
Associate clubs and sports teams
GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.