National Material Supply Co., LLC (NMS) is expanding our Tech Start-up Team in support of our growing grass-roots E-Commerce Distribution Center.
Are you someone that can build beautiful, performant web applications? Do you like keeping up with the latest techniques and technologies in Front End development? Are you able to collaborate with designers, and really get UI/UX? Do you understand enough about the backend to work with a dev team to integrate with a set of powerful, cutting-edge services in a fully agile process? Do you want your creative technical ideas to be listened to, heard, and implemented?
NMS is seeking Front End Web Developers that are passionate about building responsive desktop and mobile web experiences. This opportunity is for a all year round, Paid Part-Time Internship.
The Job Location:
- You’ll be required to work onsite in our St. Louis based corporate office, or our Dallas, TX branch office. Working for home may be feasible after performance is measured.
- Architecting efficient and reusable Front End systems that drive complex web applications.
- Identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues.
- Collaborating with Product designers, Product Managers, and other Engineers to deliver compelling products and experiences to our customers.
- Delivering on your commitments to your project team and our clients.
- Implementing amazing design by understanding its importance in products.
- Accepting and providing thoughtful, respectful constructive criticism.
- Must have at least one (1) complete year of college studies completed in the related fields of Computer Engineering, Graphic Design, Computer Programming, and/or Computer Science curriculums. (transcripts must be provided)
- Tangible experience with WordPress, WooCommerce and familiar with other content management systems
- Experience with SEO.
- A portfolio of work that you can present - send us an online link if you have one.
- Experience using modern Front End technologies, such as React, Ember, and Angular.
- HTML/ CSS experience, and proficiency with preprocessing systems such as Sass.
- A genuine interest in the latest technological developments and tools in web development.
- Experience with modern Front End tooling, such as Webpack and Gulp.
- A strong understanding of design principles, user interfaces, web standards and usability.
- Some knowledge of backend development (Node.js, Ruby on Rails, etc).
- Current College Student in pursuit of a Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- Graduates in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years experience in a technical support role
- Experience communicating technical concepts to lay people
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues
- Experiencing working within tight SLAs
- Basic understanding of digital marketing especially Affiliate and Display marketing
- Experience with Zendesk or other ticketing system
- Corporate HQ is located in St. Louis, MO.
- Branch Office is located in Dallas, TX.
- Base + Commission compensation package is available.
How to Apply
- Send your resume to us: via e-mail
- With your resume submission, review our e-commerce distribution center at: HECdistribution.com, and answer the following Short Essay Question:
As a staffed Web Developer, what are the first tasks that you would implement on the front end of our web site to enhance the user experience while shopping with us?
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Contract, Commission
Salary: $6,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: