At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units:
Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.
The Field Service Engineer is accountable for the timeliness and quality of site inspections, installation, programming, repair and preventative maintenance of Cantel Medical products in GI, urology, and pulmonary facilities that use flexible endoscopes within his/her assigned territory. Main Responsibilities:
- Carries out technical assignments to install, modify, and repair Cantel Medical equipment at customer sites.
- Analyzes and repairs mechanical, electrical, and software failures.
- Operates and programs reprocessors, understanding all technical aspects and reprocessor parameter functions.
- Completes in a timely manner standard equipment documentation and reports to include service reports, installation records, etc.
- Provides customers with timely and accurate technical information in a positive and straightforward manner.
- Provide assistance/consultations to customers in site preparation for equipment installations.
- Provide technical support as required during selling processes.
- Identify sales opportunities and pass the information on to the appropriate sales person.
- Associate degree in Electro-mechanics or equivalent is required.
- This position requires three or more years of electro-mechanical experience in capital equipment, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. and have a valid drivers’ license.
- Candidate must be able to perform occasional weekend work when necessary.
- Candidate must be willing to travel extensively within territory, often on short notice.
- Ability to resolve conflict and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently to ensure customer needs are met.
- Average or above computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- A high degree of initiative and creativity is required due to the complex nature of the situations and conditions of the position.
- Ability to think clearly and positively and stay calm in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work with others.
- Enthusiasm, especially to hardware problem solving.
- Exhibits care and attention to details.
- Meets deadlines and commitments.
- Strong written/oral communication skills.