MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
AUTOMATED MERCHANDISING SYSTEMS, INC.
Automated Merchandising Systems, Inc. (“AMS”) is a privately owned company based in Kearneysville, WV that specializes in the manufacturing of high-quality vending machines.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Create product designs and documentation based on chosen design concepts.
- Produce presentations using computer renderings and 3D models.
- The work involves managing prototype builds, developing work instructions, and solving a variety of problems across multiple disciplines.
- The successful candidate will work closely with peers, production personnel, vendors, other design teams, and management to develop products/processes that meet the business needs.
- Manage design process from concept through delivery of completed design package.
- Create design concepts for new and existing products using sound mechanical design principles that match current production capabilities
- Develops studies, criteria, specifications, evaluations, design documents, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates.
- Design to regulations, standards, codes and practices conducive to current manufacturing capabilities.
- Develop and execute testing and associated analyses to evaluate mechanical suitability, including in-field assessments.
- Provide technical guidance to personnel involved with producing the product.
- Develop, release and maintain documentation in accordance with company requirements.
- Review, write and edit reports such as evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, etc. to provide recommendations, conclusions, and other data.
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, or electrical engineering is preferred but other degrees or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD.
- Comfortable with changing priorities, interruptions and aggressive development and production schedules.
- Must be able to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Perform assignments in areas where engineering precedents are incomplete or lacking.
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Operate independently and seek guidance when appropriate.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge and experience dealing with safety agencies (UL, etc.).
- Document control and BOM creation experience.
- Strong Mechanical Background with experience designing sheet metal parts or refrigeration systems.
- Experience with Solid Edge.