As a Genesis GN&C Modeling and Simulation Engineer you will:
- Implement improvements and enhance Genesis capabilities
- Improve the usability of the Genesis user interface to simplify prototyping of algorithms and models
- Enhance 3- and 6-DOF powered ascent capabilities for lunar and Mars
- Incorporate new vehicle, environment, and aerodynamic models for Commercial Crew, Gateway, and lunar/Mars
- Implement heritage and new flight guidance algorithms, control systems, and navigation models
- Expand unit testing and improve model documentation
- Perform and document model/simulation verification and validation
- Improve on-boarding of new users
- Create a detailed user’s guide with example cases of historical vehicles
- Use Genesis to develop mission trajectory designs, GN&C algorithms, and validate their implementation in flight
- Directly interact with the NASA customers, along with various NASA support contractors, during technical meetings and
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business
needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering school with five (5) years of related
engineering experience, or a Master’s degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related
engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Knowledge of high level programming languages such as C/C++ or Fortran.
- Expertise with Linux and the Python scripting language.
- Experience with the development, verification and validation of 6-DOF GN&C spacecraft simulations.
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience towards timely completion of technical products and services.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment. consisting of NASA civil servants and
various contractor employees.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering with an emphasis in GN&C principles and orbital/flight mechanics.
- Expertise in the Julia programming language.
- Familiarity with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Experience in product delivery and management utilizing source code management tools such as Jenkins and Git/
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5%
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and
adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and
promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a
safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.