This engineer will provide structural analysis expertise to meet objectives and work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. The Engineer will build and leverage multiple skillsets including Finite Element Analysis, hand calculations, basic design principles, product support and hardware ownership to support current and next generation products.
Perform structural analysis to support design, manufacturing and repair of advanced composites, and metallic components and systems that will require forward-thinking, a positive attitude and collaboration skills:
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, test, or integration required to design and support. assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue.
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and issues.
- Participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Physics from an accredited college or university.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Familiarity with Structural analysis principles, tools and systems
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Effective team building skills
- Strong project management skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Ability to develop and execute plans with a sense of urgency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.