This position is primarily responsible for working with Project Managers on all types of technical evaluations and solutions. This role provides technical support for Engineering, Construction, and Permitting across all disciplines, including Electrical, Mechanical, and Civil/Structural. Projects will range from petroleum fueling facilities to alternative energy facilities including Compressed Natural Gas and Compressed Hydrogen. Aspects of this assignment will include client project activities such as Control, Organization, Planning and Communication with client, consultants, and internal teams to ensure accurate, efficient, and cost-effective completion of the projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Although other duties may be assigned, the following core duties and responsibilities include:
- Able to review equipment and material data sheets, and provide design direction to designers and engineers
- Review and comment on project technical files against the design basis, client goals, and NFPA code requirements
- Coordinate with designers and engineers to ensure design consistency across all drawing sheets and design scopes
- Prepare technical documents (non-CAD) for mechanical design, utilizing vendor provided information.
- Communicate directly with vendors to seek technical clarification, and request missing information
- Provide technical responses to plan-check comments from various reviewing agencies (AHJ’s)
- Responsible for quality control checks, reviewing calculations, designs, evaluations, and specifications developed by design staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Review, distribute, and respond to contractor RFI’s and submittals.
- Perform field inspections of project sites, and provide code-related feedback to both designers and clients.
- Verifies drawings have been reviewed for accuracy and approved by designated professional disciplines or personnel.
- Assists Project Managers by providing accurate information for processing and submission of contracts to client i.e. preparing change orders for client submission prior to commencing work, preparing new project proposals and completing related contracts prior to commencing work.
- Assists project managers in maintaining cost and budget controls for each assigned project by thoroughly understanding project scope and fee, related bill groups.
- Reviews plan-check comments, RFI’s, and submittals to provide critical value engineering feedback to the Project Management team.
- Ensures that deliverables issued by company are complete, accurate and comply with client’s standards and specifications.
Compensation Commensurate with Experience
Education and/or Experience
- Required: Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a Non-Exempt Full-Time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Benefits & Perks:
At Fiedler Group, we pride ourselves on the team atmosphere we have built and believe that a positive work environment not only fuels creativity and drive, but also provides a collaborative environment that fosters individual learning and growth. To that end, we have developed the benefits package below to enhance our teams’ overall employment experience.
Our benefits include:
- 95% paid Medical (HMO & PPO), 90% paid Dental
- 100% paid Vision, LTD, Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health and Wellness Benefit
- 401(k) Plan with immediate vesting and company matching
- Training and Educational Opportunities
- Discretionary Bonuses
- Tiered Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 15 days/year
- PTO Cash Out Option
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Holiday Get-Togethers
- Firm-wide celebrations and events
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location