Chesapeake, VA 23320 | Ledyard, Connecticut 06339
Emprise Corporation is looking for talented Junior Engineers to join our marine engineering support team. Multiple positions are available in Chesapeake, Virginia and Ledyard, Connecticut.
- Assist in new vessel Maintenance Management and Condition Monitoring system development and project management.
- Perform equipment ship-checks on-board vessels for purpose of gathering data required for development of Maintenance Plans.
- Develop or revise equipment Maintenance Plans based on Feedback, Regulatory Changes, or Customer Direction.
- Collect and validate machinery vibration data and diesel engine combustion data from operating machinery while in port and at sea.
- Travel to vessels to Perform installation of software on ships
- Install programs onto computer or computer-controlled equipment.
- Provide support for research projects.
- Assist in root cause analysis investigations.
- Manage and prioritize multiple project timelines.
- Any additional duties assigned to help assist in other departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Security Clearance
- Ability to perform work on-board ships while underway
- Ability to climb ladders
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs., sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- USCG license
- SAMM experience
- Programming experience
- Shipyard experience
Job Type: Full-time