- Microsoft SQL Server
- Conducts, supports and assists in planning the design, development, and implementation of software-based systems (involved in the full software development lifecycle)
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Codes, tests, debugs, and implements application system upgrades, enhancements, and system integrations
- Comprehends and applies Object Oriented concepts to all application architecture and design, architecting code that is both strongly cohesive and loosely coupled
- Refactors code to ensure maintainability, reusability, and efficiency
- Prepares program and system documentation
- Ensures that departmental standards are being met for documentation and coding
- Ensures that automated testing procedures are being followed in the systems development and maintenance process
- Supports end users
- Takes direction and follows through independently on tasks to which they are assigned with very little to no supervisory intervention
- Gains an understanding of the organization, responsibilities, and activities
- Performs other related duties as required or requested
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional work experience in a web developer role with the tools and technologies mentioned below
- .NET Development (C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Controls, Microsoft MVC, Entity Framework, Web Services, WCF, Windows Services)
- Database Design (SQL Server, TSQL, data modeling, query optimization, stored procedures, and functions)
- Health care / Health Informatics experience
- Strong problem solving and communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective and positive interaction with customers, internal staff and support vendors.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, standard practices and procedures.
- Adapt to rapidly changing technology and requirements.
- Effectively document all incidents and requests using Service Desk solution.
- Complete tasks with minimal direction.
- Considerable initiative and judgment required.
- This job description is not designed or intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professionals journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamental mathematics and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate Aunt Martha’s 5-step Performance Improvement process, utilizing the methodology PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act).
- Ability to use technical skills and apply knowledge necessary for this position.
Safety and Infection Control:
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while performing the duties of this position.
- Be knowledgeable about and follow Aunt Martha’s safety policies and procedures at all times and as revised from time to time.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Required to work evenings as needed or requested.
- Required to carry a cellphone and respond to staff or supervisor requests in a timely manner.
- Required to drive to several agency locations throughout the State of Illinois as needed or requested.
- Valid driver’s license in the State of Illinois. Current auto insurance and a good driving record.