We are looking to find a Senior Electronic Design Engineer for a rapidly growing division. This group develops and manufacturers highly specialized, customized products for niche applications (OEMs/distribution/channels) in various industries globally. The products for this division are motion control solutions; pneumatics/hydraulics, industrial automation, PLC/HDMI related.
- Designs and develops complex products, applies analysis/modeling to predict and measure outcomes, and test results. Recommends product qualification procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards (e.g. failure analysis).
- Partners with product engineering teams (structured design process; customer design reviews). and writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports. May write technical responses or proposals for customers.
- Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements).
- Reviews product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures.
- Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, May mentor new employees.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, or similar required. Professional Engineer Certificate or Advanced Degree desired, not required.
- 4-10+ years experience in related industry with most or all of the following experience:
- Electronic Design & Schematic Diagram Design
- Creation of PCB layouts / coordination of PCBA manufacturing
- Embedded software and microcontroller expertise
- Experience with power supply and output driver designs
- Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design or modeling systems); ability to use standard software packages.
- Six Sigma design (FMEA, QFD, DFA, DOE) tools
- Solid understanding of EMI susceptibility and emission reduction techniques, EMC best practices and certification requirements.
- Familiarity with industrial protocols and test methods, data links (Ethernet or CAN) is desirable.
- Ability to manage project plans, track progress, present reports
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident due to the Military contracts
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $105,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- Creation of PCB layouts / coordination of PCBA manufacturing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Electrical Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Electronic Design & Schematic Diagram Design: 4 years (Preferred)
- Six Sigma Design: 4 years (Preferred)