Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc., a rapidly growing consulting engineering firm based in the Mid-Atlantic region, is now accepting resumes for a dynamic mid-level Bridge Engineer with bridge inspection experience to team with us in the planning and inspecting of state and locally owned bridges and to assist in the preparation of reports.
- Perform engineering design on a variety of infrastructure projects.
- Prepare reports, calculations, cost estimates and specifications.
- Perform inspections of bridges and culverts in accordance with the National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS) as well as PennDOT Publications 238, 100A, among others.
- Evaluate structural components to determine correct NBIS ratings and coding.
- Daily inspection file uploads to specialized interface software.
- Identify bridge deficiencies, evaluate their condition and properly code the structure inspection findings.
- Record and maintain bridge records of using the latest PennDOT Bridge Management Software (BMS2) and iForms.
- Use hand tools to remove loose defective materials to properly evaluate conditions on individual parts of a bridge.
- Use ladders, hydraulic man lifts and occupy under-bridge cranes to access portions of bridges and sign structures that are otherwise inaccessible.
- Use measuring devices to verify structure dimensions and non-destructive testing to obtain section data for Load Rating Analyses.
- Prepare inspection reports from photos and field notes.
- Assist in the mentorship and professional development of other designers and engineers within our Bridge Group.
- CBSI with 10 plus years of relevant bridge design/inspection experience required.
- Minimum of BSCE from ABET-accredited engineering program required.
- Registered P.E. in Pennsylvania (and preferably Ohio).
- Familiarity with AASHTO, PennDOT and PTC standards required (and preferably ODOT).
- Strong technical/computer software skills, including proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel) and with PennDOT design software programs required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues at all levels of our organization.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License along with reliable transportation is required as some travel will be required to perform inspections with occasional overnight visits.
Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including 401K!
Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc. (N&W) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by federal, state, and local employment law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- bridge design/inspection: 6 years (Required)