POET Ethanol Products is a global leader in the energy and agricultural space, driven by responsible value creation
in our industries, communities, and planet. Our roots developed as a supplier of fuel ethanol, and have grown into
a multi-commodity and transportation based company providing solutions in grains, fuels, and carbon dioxide
markets. As the largest supplier of ethanol in the world, we believe in both the value and benefits of driving a
renewable solution to global energy needs, and focus on creating a better path forward in all our related industries.
We are looking for a SQL Developer to work as part of the database and software development team supporting
team, which is responsible for SQL Server performance, database design, stored procedure development and
maintenance within the POET EP design standards. This role covers all aspects of the software development lifecycle
with specific focus on design, development, and test. This is a full time role, located in in Wichita, KS.
- Work with the software development team and other business units to insure the SQL Server Database
systems are running efficiently while helping contribute to the database designs and ideas for new
functionality, improvements and bug fixes.
- Develop software from approved designs and/or requirements, adhering to all relevant standards and making
efficient use of our software development environment.
- Maintain a high level of system security by exercising best practices.
- Ensure the availability and consistent performance of our various database systems.
- Fully document any developed solutions and ensure code quality is in line with the relevant coding standards.
- Ensure that support tickets are resolved in a timely manner, and provide second level support when required
by the Support team.
- Must be capable of prioritizing workload appropriately and working both independently and collaboratively.
This is not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and may change as business needs dictate
The following experience is required for consideration:
- 5+ years of recent MS SQL Server Development experience required
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio and associated software and tools
- Basic understanding of accounting and logistics
- Ability to work independently and contribute ideas to improve processes and systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, plan, and work independently
- Ability to multi-task effectively between different activities and teams
POET Ethanol Products provides a relaxed, but professional, non-smoking work environment and a very competitive
benefits package. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are to complete the online application and submit a resume and cover letter explaining why
they seem to be well-suited for the opening.
If you want to learn more about us, please visit us at www.poetep.com