Qualifications for Welding Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering or related technical field, preferred; or equivalent in experience in the automotive Tier I or II Quality field. Certification is preferred.
- Must be familiar with MIG and resistance weld standards, process parameters and design & operations of metal materials.
- Prior experience with troubleshooting and corrective actions for automotive quality control and APQP processes, control plans and FMEAs.
- CAD experience, knowledge of blueprint reading, and GD&T is useful.
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma concepts.
- Preferred Knowledge of Automotive Seating
- 3 + years experience required in the automotive environment
Job Duties for Welding Engineer:
- Develops welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles:
- Prepares technical reports as result of research and development and preventive maintenance investigations.
- Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, pre- and post-heating requirements which involve use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex post heating requirements.
- Contacts personnel of other agencies, engineering personnel, or clients to exchange ideas, information, or offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
- Perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials
Job Type: Full-time
- Robotic Welding: 1 year (Required)
- Weld Engineering: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply