The Solution Architect position requires an advanced knowledge of network infrastructure, vendor agnostic integration and topology. Typically individuals in this role have at least 5 years of high level experience in an IT related field.
The Solution Architect works with the sales team as a sales engineer ensuring business needs are captured and appropriate technologies are specified and delivered with the help of senior and junior engineers. The Solution Architect will provide technical leadership in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is the most versatile person in the organization.
- Wide understanding of many technologies including networking, Server Administration, Virtualization, Cloud, Security, Storage, Applications, and Business Operations.
- Communicate with business leaders with “Business language” as well as leading conversation with technical leaders.
- Work with clients in discoveries and documentation to ensure we can bid projects, solutions and products that meet or exceed the business needs.
- Carefully design and deliver business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
- Responsibly develop products / services which meet the needs of the market.
- Understand all of Nexigen’s current service, product offerings
- Understand all of Nexigen’s staff capabilities
- Understand Nexigen partner capabilities
- Develop proposals along with sales / account managers
- Sniff out opportunity from conversation with businesses either technical or non-technical and either provide services or refer Nexigen partner services.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Billable to clients as architect, senior engineer as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Confidently and competently communicate to C suite and director levels.
- Communicate with education to IT / office managers.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications or equivalent knowledge, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWALL, FortiGATECSSA, Cisco CCNA / CCNP, or VMware VCP, CEH, Office 365 Expert
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues / Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details which requires finger and wrist dexterity in a repetitive motion.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of your working day.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office and up and down stairs to access hardware storage rooms, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server closet.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, clients and contractors and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to detect and/or recognize software, hardware and operating systems on or used to operate computers.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- high level: 5 years (Required)